Skip to main content

Ordinary Girlish Things

I have this kind of enthusiasm whenever December is coming. Well, what can I say? The facf, December is the last month of the year, the closing month, that full of discounts (girls are girls), family gathering, winter (not in Indonesia but, I love snow!), preparing for NYE, and... my birthday. Lol.


It's so egocentric, I know, hehehehe.

I'm trying to be as stable as possible, to keep healthy inside and outside, to keep my emotion happy as long as it can be.

As a young woman, I must admit that I am naive. Just like my favorite song from The Sound of Music called, Sixteen Going On Seventeen. (I mentioned about this song on my old posts)

When I was sixteen, I used to sing this song everytime I had a chance! But as I grow up (not that grow up, it's only for 2 years, lol), this song keeps repeating in my mind over and over and over and over and over again.

But I guess, I realized it just now, the song represents my Eighteen going on Nineteen so well, rather than my Sixteen Going on Seventeen.


Every lyrics fits me...


One of my friend, Nanda, told me that I need to calm my self down. To keep being a girl, katanya hati-hati kalau cowok akan pada minder.

Her words hit me. To the core of my heart.

So, do I really need to limited my self and my gifts?

I am not that kind of girl.

I am a little bit like Margaret Thatcher, Audrey Hepburn, Julie Andrews, and Oprah Winfrey all in one body. I believe in gender equality.

She made me realized that I don't need a man, because I actually...


And yes, I am afraid and unprepared to face a world of men. I  would like to love someone, and I would like to be loved back... But, am I ready?


...I need someone older and wiser telling me what to do...
It's easy to be said and to be sung, but do I really need a man? Am I prepared enough to give my heart and soul to someone? Does he worth to own it? And, could he really be older and wiser?

But at least,
I know how to be blessed. I am happy. And I am excited.


So...
Heart don't fail me now, courage don't desert me.

Comments

  1. The truth is, the right guy won't minder of himself but rather, simply proud of you and proud to be by your side xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nita Up in the Sky with Dreams

They said, I can't do that. There's nothing wrong with having dream. "Bermimpilah setinggi langit jika kau terjatuh, kau akan berbaring di antara para bintang." - Ir. Soekarno I am actually a full time dreamer. Am I the only girl in 2016 who still HAS a diary? A weekly planner? Am I the only one who still believes that we should write every dreams that we dreamt of? Well... My advice is, whether you're a girl or a boy, if you don't have a diary nor a weekly planner, you SHOULD have one! Write all of your dreams are just one step forward to start your action. Write your goals, your purposes, your dream house, write about everything! (And yeah, I also wrote my dreams and sticked it on my wall). Beside that, in my case, since I were a college student.. I settled my mind to focus on my self, to improve my skills, to build a frienldy atmosphere in the crowd, and try to be the best. And... I'm struggling (still, until now) to not interested and fall for ...

Niall. Niall. Niall. Niall Niall.

COOLEST GUY EVER LIVED. Here's his FACTS: 1. Niall Horan was born on 13th September 1993.   2. Just like his One Direction bandmate Liam, Niall is a Virgo. According to the star sign he is analytical, observant, helpful, reliable and precise.  3. Niall’s mum is called Maura Gallagher and his dad’s name is Bobby Horan.  4. Niall has an older brother called Greg. He’s 24-years-old.  5. Unfortunately Niall’s mum and dad split up when he was just five years old. He and Greg divided their time between the two homes but eventually they stayed with their dad Bobby in Mullingar, County Westmeath in Ireland.  6. Niall’s mum Muara remarried and lives in the nearby Edgeworthstown with her husband of seven years Chris.  7. Niall attended the Catholic secondary school Coláiste Mhuire in Mullingar.  8. Before secondary school, Niall attended St Kenny National School.  9. Niall’s ideal woman is Cheryl C...
Had an appointment with a doctor, probably 2-3 years older than me. "Maaf tulisan saya jelek," he said. "Gapapa dok, bisa baca kok," I answered. I can read it very well. I have seen those hand writing before for years from someone. It was once his, but it carves in my heart for a decade now.

Girls Run The World

Cewek mana sih yang sering merasa kalau dirinya itu jelek, gendut, pendek, ngga pinter, aneh, sampai ke nerd? Cewek mana sih yang sering terintimidasi oleh dirinya sendiri? Cewek mana sih yang pengen punya badan bagus kaya si A tapi ngga kesampean? Cewek mana coba..... Jawabannya cuma satu. Kita semua. Kita semua para cewek. Hmm, menurut pendapat gue... Cantik itu variatif kok. Manusia itu ngga ada yang sempurna. Kekurangan kita itu hanya sebagian kecil dari kesempurnaan yang kita miliki. Gue itu tinggi, berat gue 60 Kg (Damn... Sejak puasa sampe sekarang malah naik), dan gue sering merasa aneh dengan diri gue sendiri. Gue rakus, sering nyicip makanan ini-itu. Hehe -_- Tapiiiii, gue juga tahu untuk tetap menjaga badan ini supaya staminanya pas dan ngga berlebihan. Sebisa mungkin hampir setiap hari Minggu gue selalu berolahraga. Dari mulai yang paling simple, jogging, sampe bersepeda dengan rute yang kadang-kadang akan membuat orang-orang takjub untuk ukuran cewek seperti g...