I've always been that short-hair girl during my teenager era.
I was a tomboy, they said.
But deep down, I did not really understand who I was.
I collected Barbie dolls, and I even had Barbie's dollhouse filled with tiny furnitures; I watched Disney Princesses, Barbie movies; I like to draw women in nice dresses; I like seeing women dolled up; I polished my nails — and had trouble with the teachers because of it.
But, my hair was always short, I practiced taekwondo, ride a bike after school, I watched Ben 10 and other boys cartoons, I was really good at any kind of sports.
I've always been in the both of different world. A paradox since younger days, huh?
I think... maybe I am just really centil girl, but know how to kick your a** when got harassed.
Maybe I am the real life of a Legally Blonde — sassy, bubly, brat, clumsy woman who is clever and somehow nailed to bring out her bestest side. (Pick me banget, ya?! Hahahaha. But idk, I know there is only 1 of me. You may find another women taller, smarter, prettier, funnier but there is only 1 Nita you can not forget).
Anyway, I wrote this post as a self appreciation to myself because I let my hair grow to waist-length, styled in layer!!! It took me 2 years since 2024 to have this shiny, long hair — of course, I did trim it once in a while for a maintenance. Honestly, I have this URGE to cut it short but I managed to let it grow instead! *standing applause*
So here are the flashback look from 2006 to 2018 where I always had this short hai
(I think I was 3 or 4 — I wasn't even in 1st grade)
(During JHS era. I looked so vintagely grace)
(During JHS era. This was the trend when you had bangs to cover all your face)
(During JHS era @ Pronto, PIM. Gosh, I miss that restaurant! Certified Jaksel girl since fetus)
(During JHS era when I got my 1st centil dress)
(During JHS era when I won a regional writing competition in FLS2N)
(During JHS era when I got chickenpox for the 1st time, I skipped school for a month)
(During JHS era when Glee was a trend, and of course I was a Gleek)
(During JHS era when I felt really pretty)
(During JHS era when I tried to look like Edna from the Incredibles, but ended up looking like Velma)
(During school holiday when I graduated from JHS)
(During school holiday when I graduated from JHS)
(Yearbook photoshoot! The moment when I realized, "oh, gue cantik juga, ya!" and I was so confident about it, lol)
(When I saw the result for HS placement. Pro tip: never let a teenager decided the next school. I regret choosing my high school, although I had best friends and first boyfriend there)
(During HS era as a 11th grader)
(Time skip to 2020, still in my short hair)
(Time skip to 2020, still in my short hair when I picked up my niece from school)
(Time skip to 2019, still in my short hair, when I auditioned for a model casting)
(Around 2006-2007, took that photo with my sister's phone)
(In JHS era, when I won another competition somewhere in 2011)
(During my JHS era when the big family of Kartosandjojo had a vacation at puncak)
(I forgot when this photo was taken, but it was def our High School Musical, Camp Rock, Hannah Montana, and Wizards of Waverly Place era)
(During my JHS era, I think I was in 8th grader)
(My 7th grader self! Another photo taken at PIM when Heavenly Blush had an outlet like Sour Sally. Another living proof that I was certified anak mall especially PIM, lol)
(Elementary school! I was in 6th grade, I guess... at Pizza Hut Benhil)
(7th grader after swimming at Citos)
(6th grader right before final exams!)
(Puberty hit me hard here. I was in my 10th grade era. If I said this was the girl that a boy bring her photo to war, people will believe. K have such a vintage classic face, lol)
(During my 11th grader era)
(This was some of my photoshoot for Gadis Sampul audition, but unfortunately my Mom ripped the registration form and threw it in my face. Ha, trauma moment of a VOC parent thing)
(Graduated from HS, somewhere in 2015)
(During 2016 at Mba Tita's house)
(Still at mba Tita's house, different angle and haven't brushed my hair in this photo)
(2017, when I saw Shailene Woodley looking so beautiful in The Fault in Our Star, I decided to cut my hair to pixie style)
(And the pixie hair grew to bob, and I trimme it a bit)
(In 2018, during the alprazolam, diazepam, & propanolol daily intake)(Then I wanted to cut my bangs...)(During 2019, I must admit I slaaaayed with that short hair)(the first day as Bytedancers in July 2021)(This was 2024)Long story short, I had long hair somewhere in 2014, then 2022, however 2026 is the longest length I ever grew!!
And these are some photos during 2026 which show off my hair perfectly:
AAAAAAND, I must admit that having long hair means that I need to take care of my hair harder. Supaya tetep wangi, lembut, nggak lepek, pokoknya tetep CANTIK.
Karena, rambut itu beneran mahkota. Percuma udah stylish, dandan cakep, tapi rambut awut-awutan — frizzy, kusut, kaya ga sisiran, keliatan ga terawat.
Jadilah, I dedicate myself to this routine:
1. Hair oiling then leave for ±30 minutes before shampooing. I use rosemary oil, or candlenut oil.
2. Shampooing only on the scalp. Do not ever use shampoo on your shaft or it'll dry your shaft and make it prone to damage. Apply shampoo 2 times, rinse properly for each session. Dry it by tap it slowly with towel, do not brush it.
3. If you have low porosity hair like I have, you could apply conditioner OR, you can skip it and directly use hair vitamin oil. I usually choose one of the step.
4. Apply serum to your scalp.
5. Apply hairmask at least once a week
That's it!
I am planning to keep it long, grow it longer to my buttock area — hope I can ignore the urge to cut it off! Like, I am feeling like in my carreer woman, elegant look, maximum feminity era, so, yeah... let's see if I can let its length.
Teruuuss, gue seneng banget banyak temen gue yang komentar, "Nita rambutnya sekarang panjang banget, ya." Kadang rambut gue dipegang, diusap gituuu. Confident level gue meningkat drastis, nge boost ego pride gue juga. HAHAHA.
Just fyi, gue pernah baca status di Twitter: kalo ada cewe punya rambut pendek tapi tetep cantik, artinya emang cewe itu aslinya cantik. Karena potongan rambut pendek ga bisa menutupi apapun, struktur rahang, leher, bentuk pipi akan terlihat jelas.
Jujyurrr, gue mengakui kok diri gue cantik.... dengan potongan rambut pendek, maupun panjang. Gapapa kan validasi diri sendiri? Toh, gue ga bandingin dengan siapapun konteksnya di sini, purely bandingin dengan diri gue sendiri dari dulu sampe sekarang.
Xoxo,
Nita
Comments
Post a Comment